The Frog

I am a patient man
Oh, so patient
A simple man
Who leads a simple life

I open my eyes each daybreak
I walk about
I talk, I work
I return and close my eyes at dusk

The time passes ever quicker
Memories fading into disarray

The worries cease slowly
I grow steady as a boulder in a breeze

But,

Sometimes in the early sleepless hours

Sometimes, in the restless hours

Occasionally,

I hear the sounds of tumult from afar...

The waters rage above me,
Boiling more and more rapidly,
The chains shackling me creak and groan,
Their weight suddenly oppressive as the world.

I could jump

I could leap

I could soar

Away from all that binds me

Crushing all the strings that bind me

Free from this pit of death

Yet I persist. 

I close my eyes again tonight

Tomorrow the horror shall vanish

Lost in the oblivion of the mundane

And I shall remain here

Slowly

Patiently

Gradually dying

In a shallow pot of stewing life

No comments:

Post a Comment